ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) Since Spring 2017
Clinical Education Fall 2017-Spring 2018
- Provided clinical education and guidance to graduate student clinicians
Speech-Language Pathologist Fall 2015-Spring 2017
- Provided therapy for Pre-K-12 public school students.
- Supervised and trained paraprofessionals to assist in speech-language therapy
- Conducted IEP meetings, and worked alongside special education faculty to provide interdisciplinary support for students.
Clinical Internship—Clear Creek Elementary School, Fall 2013
- Evaluated children and provided treatment for communication disorders in a school setting.
- Worked alongside a certified Speech-Language Pathologist to complete Individualized Education Plans, assessment reports and data tracking.
Child Development Clinic, Summer 2013
- Evaluated clients’ social communication, articulation, fluency and language through play based assessment.
- Worked with interdisciplinary team to diagnose developmental delays and Autism Spectrum Disorders
ALS Clinic—University of Kansas Medical Center, Summer 2013
- Evaluated articulation, cognition, and swallowing, and provided support for Augmentative Alternative Communication methods and devices in patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
- Intervention was provided in a hospital setting and was focused on obtaining current status for patients and providing them with adaptive strategies to facilitate the maintenance of their quality of life.
LAP Clinical Team (Language Acquisition Preschool), Spring 2013
- Provided articulation, social and expressive and receptive language intervention for preschool aged children.
- Provided therapy within a classroom that implemented a language-focused curriculum.
- Learned and practiced providing intervention through the use of indirect strategies such as expansions, highlighting and focused contrasts.
PLUS Clinical Team, Fall 2012
- Provided speech and language intervention in a variety of areas and contexts:
- Speech and language intervention for teenagers with Autism Spectrum Disorders in both a school and clinical setting.
- Reading and expressive language intervention for school-aged children.
- Reading and language treatment for alexia associated with traumatic brain injury in an adult.
- Articulation therapy in 5th and 6th grade children (targets included /r/ and /s/).
- Introduced and supported the use of an Alternative Augmentative Communication device.
- Developed the skill of having flexibility in-session, and on-line individualization of treatment and goal writing.
- Attended weekly team meetings to discuss client issues and teaching strategies.
2012 Sertoma-Schiefelbusch Communication Camp, Summer 2012
- Provided intervention for social interaction between 8-10 year olds.
- Wrote individual goals for children attending the camp.
- Developed visual supports to serve the varied needs of the campers.
- Supported clients in communication and social interaction, and fostered an environment of learning and friendship.